AFI alumni are expected to engage in a respectful and appropriate manner in connection with all AFI and AFI Conservatory events (in-person or online) and communications (either written or verbal, in-person or online), and address fellow alumni, AFI faculty and staff and any guests with respect, integrity, honesty and fairness. Communications or actions that defame, threaten others or are discriminatory, sexually inappropriate, racially offensive or otherwise abusive are wholly unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
Other prohibited conduct includes:
- Making or posting statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive, or that promote bigoted, hateful or racially offensive behavior, either in-person or online
- Advocating or engaging in any illegal activity
- Posting spam, advertisements or any form of unsolicited commercial interest
- Posting political ads or solicitation of support for any political candidate on an AFI social media page
- Posting anything that violates the AFI Conservatory Code of Conduct
In cases in which an individual’s actions do not reflect the AFI community values of respect, integrity, honesty and fairness, the AFI Conservatory reserves the right to take administrative action. Such actions may include (but are not limited to) censure, suspension and/or exclusion from AFI activities and events, the AFI campus, AFI social platforms and/or other AFI resources.
The AFI Conservatory actively monitors our social media platforms for inappropriate postings. While we do not undertake editorial control of postings, any statements or posting on AFI social media platforms which violate the aforementioned terms will be deleted upon discovery. If you become aware of any violation of the above, please contact Alumni Affairs at [email protected]