In addition to AFI Scholarships, the AFI Conservatory offers federal and private education loans to help Fellows finance their education at the Conservatory. Fellows may be able to meet their full cost of attendance with federal or private education loans.
Federal student loans are available to domestic Fellows who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States. To qualify for federal financial aid, domestic Fellows must:
- Be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens (permanent residents)
- Possess a valid social security number
- Be registered with the selective service, if applicable
- Not be in default on a federal loan or owe an overpayment on a Federal Pell Grant
Federal student loans are not need-based and are available to students regardless of income. The two types of loans available are as follows:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan (credit approval is required)
The section below provides details about both the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan.